Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp., Poughkeepsie, NY
We have been providing mechanical and electrical engineering services to Central Hudson Gas & Electric since 2015. Our projects have included a complete renovation of Building 808, a 35,000 square foot office and vehicle maintenance facility. We have also provided MEP design services for a new 40,000 square foot Training Facility and a 43,000 square foot Primary Control Center, both to be constructed in 2022.
Building 808 – 35,000 sq.ft. vehicle maintenance and office facility
- Multi-zoned gas fired heat with direct expansion air-conditioning systems for office areas
- Gas fired radiant heat for vehicle maintenance garage
- General and vehicular exhaust systems
- Plumbing systems for toilet and locker rooms
- Fire protection sprinkler system with diesel driven fire pump
- Electrical power, lighting and controls, fire alarm and security systems
Training Center, Lake Katrine, NY
- Design of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, fire protection, electrical power, lighting and communication systems for;
- a 31,500 square foot main classroom/meeting building
- a 40,000 square foot annex building for utility workers’ indoor training
- a Gas Village for outdoor training
- Project required weekly coordination meetings with Central Hudson, the Architect, Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, and Interior Designers to ensure numerous details were coordinated
Orange County Transfer Station No. 2, Transfer Station Building | Newburgh, NY
- Design mechanical and electrical systems for an approx. 21,000 sq.ft. trash transfer station with a 19,180 sq.ft. tipping floor area and a 1,520 sq.ft. breakroom/mechanical room.
- Dry sprinkler system
- Energy recovery ventilation system
- Split system heat pump systems for heating and air conditioning
- Tipping floor area ventilation system
- Sanitary plumbing systems
- Electrical power and lighting
- Standby generator
- Fire alarm and security systems
Nyack Marina | Nyack, NY
- Site inspection of existing systems, and Code and product research
- Design of upgrade to electrical service distribution panel and enclosure
- Design of electrical power/lighting pedestals and associated circuitry, and perimeter site lighting
Crystal Run / Wallkill Water Treatment Center | Town of Wallkill, NY
- Design of mechanical and electrical system for a new water filtration facility and associated well field
- Heating and ventilation for plant building
- Electrical power and control to six remote wells
- Electrical power, control and instrumentation for plant pumps, filtration and chemical feed systems
- Emergency power for facility
Brookhaven Landfill | Brookhaven, NY
- Design of electrical power and controls for landfill expansion
- Primary and secondary leachate pumps
- Gas condensate pumps
- Electrical service and distribution
- Control schematics
Orange County Landfill | New Hampton, NY
- Design of electrical power, controls and monitoring systems for leachate collection system.
- Five replacement leachate pumps, piping, power, and controls.
- Central monitoring and alarm system.
- Renovations to lighting and power at gas storage building.
Town of Fishkill Fuel Island and Salt Shed | Fishkill, NY
- Electrical power and control systems for diesel and gasoline fuel storage and dispensing facility
- Electrical power and lighting systems for salt shed
- Standby electrical generator
Bowline Transfer Station | Haverstraw, NY
- Renovation of 1,000 sq.ft. office, employee locker and mechanic’s storage areas.
- New grade beam floor support system
- High efficiency gas fired furnace with split system air condition system
- Bathrooms and locker room exhaust system
- Sanitary plumbing hung from grade beams
- Electrical power and lighting
- Fire alarm system
Communication Towers | Various locations
- Design of electrical power supply, distribution and grounding systems for telecommunications towers
- Design and site inspections completed for more than 250 installations
New York City Department of Sanitation | Brooklyn, NY
- Conversion of 54,300 square foot former warehouse into maintenance and storage facility for sanitation department vehicles
- HVAC systems for office and locker areas
- Heating and ventilation for shop areas
- Vehicular and welding exhaust systems
- Fire protection sprinkler and fire alarm systems
- Fluid dispensing systems
- Power and lighting systems
- Public address and video surveillance system
Village of Walden DPW | Walden, NY
- 14,000 sq.ft. garage, repair facility and offices
- Gas fired radiant heating for garage
- Gas fired hot water in-floor radiant heat for truck repair areas
- Gas fired furnaces and direct expansion cooling for offices and locker rooms
- General and truck ventilation systems
- Plumbing system for toilet rooms and locker rooms
- Electrical power and lighting systems
Tri-Municipal Sewer Commission | Wappingers, NY
- Design of electrical power and controls for sewage pump station and bar screen.
- Bar screen, including building lighting, power and controls.
- 100 H.P. pumps with variable frequency drives and controls.