Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp., Poughkeepsie, NY
We have been providing mechanical and electrical engineering services to Central Hudson Gas & Electric since 2015. Our projects have included a complete renovation of Building 808, a 35,000 square foot office and vehicle maintenance facility. We have also provided MEP design services for a new 40,000 square foot Training Facility and a 43,000 square foot Primary Control Center, both to be constructed in 2022.
Training Center, Lake Katrine, NY
- Design of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, fire protection, electrical power, lighting and communication systems for;
- a 31,500 square foot main classroom/meeting building
- a 40,000 square foot annex building for utility workers’ indoor training
- a Gas Village for outdoor training
- Project required weekly coordination meetings with Central Hudson, the Architect, Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, and Interior Designers to ensure numerous details were coordinated
Building 808 – 35,000 sq.ft. vehicle maintenance and office facility
- Multi-zoned gas fired heat with direct expansion air-conditioning systems for office areas
- Gas fired radiant heat for vehicle maintenance garage
- General and vehicular exhaust systems
- Plumbing systems for toilet and locker rooms
- Fire protection sprinkler system with diesel driven fire pump
- Electrical power, lighting and controls, fire alarm and security systems
Primary Control Center, Lake Katrine
- Design of all systems; heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, fire protection, electrical power, lighting and communication for a new 42,400 square foot facility to house the Central Hudson Transmission and Distribution Primary Control Center.
- Design included redundant system components to support the critical nature of the facility.
- The building will have Transmission System Operations and Distribution Dispatch Center and the Distribution Management System, a Data Center within the facility for the Emergency Management System and Distribution Management System Servers.
- This facility maintains around-the-clock staffing and is vital to Center Hudson’s operations.
Orange County Transfer Station No. 2, Transfer Station Building | Newburgh, NY
- Design mechanical and electrical systems for an approx. 21,000 sq.ft. trash transfer station with a 19,180 sq.ft. tipping floor area and a 1,520 sq.ft. breakroom/mechanical room.
- Dry sprinkler system
- Energy recovery ventilation system
- Split system heat pump systems for heating and air conditioning
- Tipping floor area ventilation system
- Sanitary plumbing systems
- Electrical power and lighting
- Standby generator
- Fire alarm and security systems
Nyack Marina | Nyack, NY
- Site inspection of existing systems, and Code and product research
- Design of upgrade to electrical service distribution panel and enclosure
- Design of electrical power/lighting pedestals and associated circuitry, and perimeter site lighting
Crystal Run / Wallkill Water Treatment Center | Town of Wallkill, NY
- Design of mechanical and electrical system for a new water filtration facility and associated well field
- Heating and ventilation for plant building
- Electrical power and control to six remote wells
- Electrical power, control and instrumentation for plant pumps, filtration and chemical feed systems
- Emergency power for facility
Brookhaven Landfill | Brookhaven, NY
- Design of electrical power and controls for landfill expansion
- Primary and secondary leachate pumps
- Gas condensate pumps
- Electrical service and distribution
- Control schematics
Orange County Landfill | New Hampton, NY
- Design of electrical power, controls and monitoring systems for leachate collection system.
- Five replacement leachate pumps, piping, power, and controls.
- Central monitoring and alarm system.
- Renovations to lighting and power at gas storage building.
Town of Fishkill Fuel Island and Salt Shed | Fishkill, NY
- Electrical power and control systems for diesel and gasoline fuel storage and dispensing facility
- Electrical power and lighting systems for salt shed
- Standby electrical generator
Bowline Transfer Station | Haverstraw, NY
- Renovation of 1,000 sq.ft. office, employee locker and mechanic’s storage areas.
- New grade beam floor support system
- High efficiency gas fired furnace with split system air condition system
- Bathrooms and locker room exhaust system
- Sanitary plumbing hung from grade beams
- Electrical power and lighting
- Fire alarm system
Communication Towers | Various locations
- Design of electrical power supply, distribution and grounding systems for telecommunications towers
- Design and site inspections completed for more than 250 installations
New York City Department of Sanitation | Brooklyn, NY
- Conversion of 54,300 square foot former warehouse into maintenance and storage facility for sanitation department vehicles
- HVAC systems for office and locker areas
- Heating and ventilation for shop areas
- Vehicular and welding exhaust systems
- Fire protection sprinkler and fire alarm systems
- Fluid dispensing systems
- Power and lighting systems
- Public address and video surveillance system
Village of Walden DPW | Walden, NY
- 14,000 sq.ft. garage, repair facility and offices
- Gas fired radiant heating for garage
- Gas fired hot water in-floor radiant heat for truck repair areas
- Gas fired furnaces and direct expansion cooling for offices and locker rooms
- General and truck ventilation systems
- Plumbing system for toilet rooms and locker rooms
- Electrical power and lighting systems
Tri-Municipal Sewer Commission | Wappingers, NY
- Design of electrical power and controls for sewage pump station and bar screen.
- Bar screen, including building lighting, power and controls.
- 100 H.P. pumps with variable frequency drives and controls.